Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Little Helper

I am forever hearing from people either at church, school or places we frequent often, that Owen is such a helper. He really gets satisfaction out of helping complete a project or feels proud to be asked to help assist in someway. It makes this mommy's heart happy to see him putting others above himself and finding joy in being a servant to others.

Now I will say there are times like anything else where we have to be reminded about putting ourselves last and others first. He is five after all. Shucks, I even struggle some days. However, on this day we went to the post office to send more paperwork out and my little helper was quick to want to help. He set right down on the floor and put stamps on 29 envelopes and then of course had to put them in the box all by himself. Now I could have been quick to say I can do that faster let me do it but I would have missed an opportunity to see my son being like Jesus.

"For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
 Mark 10:45


No comments:

Post a Comment