Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Shoes for Haiti

On my trip to Haiti last year we took lots of supplies with us but realized really quickly that we did not have enough shoes. I believe we ran out  within thirty minutes. There is such a need for shoes in Haiti. This year when I realized I would be going back I decided I would make it my mission to collect shoes to take. I have gotten my school to do a shoe drive this month and my older son's school will run one in April. My goal is to take at least 500 pairs. I spent  part of my afternoon today rubberbanding shoes together and counting and packaging. So far we are up to 172 pairs. I am so excited to see the need being met by the wonderful people in my community and cannot wait to see the smiles on all the faces of those who will be the recipents of this act of kindness.



No comments:

Post a Comment