Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Kindness Advent

As we prepare for this Christmas I wanted to be intentional in what we emphasized to the boys. It is easy to get caught up in this sense of entitlement and materialism that surrounds us everywhere. I find myself falling short in this area often and continually have to ask for forgiveness for my selfish nature.  With that being said I wanted ways that Lucas and Owen could be the hands and feet of Christ. Where they could daily begin to look at others and less at themselves.

I came across the idea of doing a kindness advent on a blog called Pitter Patter Art. You can link to it here http://pitterpatterart.com/kindness-advent/. I loved the idea and decided it would be just what we needed this Christmas Holiday. I made all the pieces tonight and then Drew and I came up with twenty-four ideas that we thought would be meaningful to the boys, as well as ourselves. He typed them up and I hung everything so that we could begin tomorrow.

I love how it turned out
I can't wait to get started and I pray that God will use this to open our eyes to others and and that we may be a gift to those we come into contact with. Tomorrow we start by making goodies for the neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment